Scoring / Standings / Playoff Formats
TOURNAMENT SCORING: Points will be awarded as follows:
4 points for a win
2 points for a scored tie
1 point for a scoreless tie
0 points for a loss
STANDINGS: In case of a tie in standings after all pre-playoff matches, the following, in order, will be used to break the tie:
- Head to head play winner will be played ahead of the other team (not used for a three way tie)
- Cumulative Goal Differential (Maximum of 6 per match)
- Most goals scored (Maximum of 6 per match)
- Fewest Goals allowed.
- Coin Toss
Playoff Ties / Overtime:
If a playoff match ends in a tie after regulation time, the following will be used to determine the winner:
- Two 5 minute periods of SUDDEN VICTORY (1st Goal Wins), (Two 10 minute periods of SUDDEN VICTORY if in the finals)
- Five Penalty kicks per team, take by 5 separate players who were on the playing field at the end of the overtime play. The team with the most goals at the end of the shooting wins.
- Individual Penalty Kicks by each team. The first team to have a goal advantage at the end of a round is the winner. Players must have been on the field at the end of the overtime play and all players must shoot once before a player shoots again
16 Teams – 4 Brackets – Winner Div A v Winner Div C + Winner Div B v Winnder Div D – 2 Semis and 1 Final
12 Teams – 3 Brackets – Winner Div A v Winner Div C + Winner Div B v 2nd place team with most points (Note: if 2nd place team with most points is from Div B then it will be Div A v 2nd place + Div B v Div C) – 2 Semis and 1 Final
8-10 Teams – 2 Brackets – Winner Div A v Winner Div B – Final
4 Teams – 1 Bracket – 1st & 2nd place teams – Final
** If multiple teams have the same point total, tournament standings tie breaker rules will be followed.