* FIFA RULES apply, unless otherwise stated or modified in the rules below.
* U10 Girls/U10 Boys: Direct Kicks will be awarded for fouls, hand balls, etc. as indicated in normal FIFA rules. Off sides is also in effect.
* ROSTERS, NUMBER of PLAYERS and GUEST PLAYERS: Each U10 team will have no more than 14 players in its roster and will play matches with 7 v 7 players. Each U12 team will have no more than 16 players on its roster and will play matches with 9 v 9 players. Each U14 team will have no more than 18 players on its roster and will play matches with 11 v 11 players. Each U16/U19 team will have no more than 22 players on its roster and will play matches with 11 v 11 players. NO MORE THAN 18 PLAYERS IN JERSEYS MAY BE ON THE BENCH FOR ANY GAME. Players can only be listed on one team’s tournament roster.
Rosters will represent regular league play teams and should be submitted on the State approved form.
GUEST PLAYERS: U8 & U10: 2 Guest Players/team
U12 & U14: 3 Guest Players/team
U16 & U19: 4 Guest Players/team
* SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitutions will be unlimited, but may only be made with referee permission.
* MATCHES: Matches will start at the referee’s whistle. A coin toss will determine choice of kick off or field side. U10 matches will consist of 2 (two) twenty minute periods with a five minute break between halves. U12/U14 matches will consist of 2 (two) twenty-five minute periods with a two minute break between halves. U16/U18 matches will consist of 2 (two) thirty minute periods with a five minute break between halves. At half-time teams will switch sides and play commences with a kick off by the team who did not kick off to start the match. All teams will play a minimum of 3 matches with playoff games to follow for qualifying teams.
* TIME: Official match time will be kept by referees. All matches are played with running time.
* UNIFORMS: Each team must bring an alternate set of shirts
(or pinnies) in case of duplication of colors. Team coaches will reach an agreement before the match on shirt colors in the event of duplication. Goalkeepers must wear jerseys easily distinguishable from both teams. Use of shin guards is required. Referees have the authority to disallow any extra clothing worn by players. Jewelry is forbidden.
* FORFEITS: A team forfeits if it cannot field a team of at least 9 players for U14/U16/U19 matches; 7 for U12 matches; or at least 5 players for U10 matches no more than 5 minutes after the scheduled match start time. Teams winning by forfeit will be credited with a 2-0 victory. A forfeit will also be granted if any team is found to be in violation of the roster limitations or played a match with an illegal player during any game and is identified by Officials, Field Marshals or Tournament committee. If the winning team is NOT the violating team, the score will stand.
* PLAYER PASSES: Player passes will be checked at registration, however a coach may challenge any player on the opposing team. In the event of a challenge, the referee must be notified prior to the completion of the match, and the player pass will be examined at the end of the match. Any team using an illegal player will forfeit all matches in which that player played. PLAYER PASSES WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE ALL PLAYOFF GAMES.
* DISQUALIFICATION: Any coach or player receiving a red card must leave the playing area and a player will not be replaced in that game. That coach or player will also be suspended from the next match. THE SUSPENDED COACH/PLAYER CANNOT BE ON THE BENCH SIDE OF THE FIELD FOR THE DISQUALIFIED MATCH.
For gross misconduct, as determined by the referee, the Tournament Committee can suspend a coach or player for the remainder of the tournament.
* BALL SIZE: U8 teams will play with size 3 ball; U10/U12 teams will play with a size 4 ball, U14/U16/U18 teams will play with a size 5 ball. Game balls will be provided by the tournament.
* PROTEST: No protests will be allowed on judgment calls by the referee. Protests on tournament/game rules must be filed with the tournament committee no later than 30 minutes after match completion. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final with no appeal allowed.
* WEATHER: In the event of inclement weather, Tournament Committee Officials shall have the authority to change the format and schedule in any way as follows:
1. Relocate/reschedule or change duration of any games.
2. Cancel any game having no bearing on tournament playoffs
3. Any game in progress terminated due to weather shall be considered official after 20 minutes have been played for U12/U14/U16/U18 teams or after 15 minutes for U10 teams. No refund will take place due to tournament changes caused by weather.
* THUNDERSTORM/LIGHTNING: In the event that thunder or lightning is detected, ALL PLAY will be suspended. Tournament Officials will sound an air horn with a series of 3 five second blasts. The Referee will note the time and score of their match. All players, coaches, officials and fans should leave the field and retreat to their vehicles. Tents are NOT safe areas. After each lightning flash or clap of thunder, a member of the tournament staff will restart a stop watch. Once twenty-five (25) minutes has passed from the last flash or thunder clap, an all clear will be given by sounding a series of single one second blasts on the air horn. Teams will be allowed a short (5 minute) warm-up before play resumes. Any team that does not appear on the field with the minimum number of players needed within fifteen (15) minutes of the all clear shall forfeit the match.
* HEAT ISSUES: To better ensure consistency in matches, the following will apply for all matches:
Green Flag: No modification
Yellow Flag: Halves are reduced from 25/30 minutes for U12 and above to 20 minutes with a 7 minute half time and for U10 from 20 minutes to 15 minutes with a 10 minute half time.
Red Flag: Play stops.
* TEAM BENCHES: Teams are to sit on the side of the field where benches are located. Spectators are not permitted on the same side of the field as the team. Spectators and players are asked to honor the one yard set back line where present.